1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want To Talk To My Parents About Me Being Trans, But...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Howl, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Howl

I want to talk to them about transitioning into high school as a male, since we're moving and I could basically have a fresh start at life, but I don't know what they'll say.

My parents don't really seem to care, even though I've told them before that I don't want to be a girl, and that I want to be a guy. My mom kinda understands, and referred to me as a guy trapped in a girl's body to a therapist, but other than that she still corrects people out in public that I'm a girl - and I cringe when she does that - I've tried to talk to them about it but it almost always ends up in a fight between my mom and I, which I basically end up crying in my room feeling more hurt and lost than ever, and I kind of don't want to talk to my dad about it, since he probably feels the same as my mother.
    My mom says that I'm just like her and that I'll grow out of it, but I've never been more sure of anything in my life. She says that it's because I'm young and hormones are all out of whack. She even said that transgender people normally start from a young age, but I don't think she realizes that I've acted like a guy ever since I was just a tiny thing. I refused to wear dresses and skirts, wore guy-ish clothes and hung out with the guys at my school.
    I know I'm being all teenage-ry here when I say this, but I serious don't think she understands. I know I have to look at it from her point of view and stuff, but she just refuses to talk about it, let alone do anything or call me a guy.

I want to talk to them, but I'm worried it'll just end up in a fight again.

:help: :icon_sad:

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try to write a letter or an email explaining how you feel, because it seems that when you talk face to face, you end up getting upset. Ask them to read the whole thing before getting mad or upset. Explain how you feel, and how you don't want them to refer to you as a girl, and how you truly feel like a guy. Maybe that will help them understand.
    I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile: