1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her? Or would I be complicating things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woahthatsboring, Mar 15, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

So, if you've read my other posts, you guys mostly know that I view myself as mostly straight. I recently developed a crush on a girl and I want to tell her I like her but I don't at the same time? I know that's confusing but that's exactly how I feel! Whenever I'm around her I feel like I'm going to mistakely say you're beautiful(which almost happened the last time we were talking :icon_redf) Anyways, we aren't close friends because I choose to distance myself from her but I feel like it would be a load off my back to just tell her how I'm feeling. I don't want to creep her out, plus she has a boyfriend :bang: but its so hard to lie everyday I have to see her, and I'm a horrible liar. What should I do? :help:

2. CrazyAwkward

Well, if she has a boyfriend that might not be the best idea, depending how how you tell her. You could tell her you have a little crush on her without going into detail about how you feel or why you feel the way you feel. Don't make a big declaration about it, basically. Even that might still weird her out though. You say you aren't all that close, but are you close enough that it would hurt if you lost her friendship? If that's something that wouldn't totally crush you, I'd say tell her, in a casual way. At least it would get it off your chest, and she might even be flattered even if she's not interested in you in the same way. It's a complicated situation though. It's hard to say what decision would be best. I guess all I can say is just go with your gut. If the opportunity comes along and telling her feels right, go for it as long as you're prepared to deal with a possible negative response.

3. woahthatsboring

I'm not really sure if I'm ready for any negative response although I do have to plan for the worst... I know she has a boyfriend so it might be the smartest idea but thanks for your advice :slight_smile: I'm just really frustrated

4. CrazyAwkward

You're welcome!
    Yeah, that's a frustrating position to be in. It's good that you have a plan, just in case. If you ever do decide to tell her, good luck!

5. BananaB

Out Status:
    A few people
    I kind of know how you feel. I have fallen massively for a friend and I don't think (hoding onto hope) that she shares the preferences. Everytime I with her I feel like I have to stop myself from just staring at her and blurting out how beautiful and amazing she is. I don't want to ruin a friendship. So I get where you're coing from. I would say though that her having a boyfriend might complicate things, if hes the jealous type he might not like you hanging out. It's a tough one. If you do tell her chances are it will change the dynamic of the friendship if not end it, it won't ever be the same. That's why I've not said anything to the friend I'm interested in. So my take on the siuation would be to maybe not say anything just yet unless you're willing to risk the relationship you have with her. Sorry that's not more helpful and probably not what you wanted to hear, I know the feeling. Let us know how you get on! (*hug*)

6. woahthatsboring

Well today I was going to tell her after school because I see her when I'm leaving class but before that I saw her and her boyfriend kissing :frowning2: so I decided that it's probably best if I don't say anything, but you understand how hard that is. It's gets harder to be around her everyday but who knows! Maybe one day I will tell her because it's becoming a lot to bear but thank you for your response (*hug*) Have you ever felt like you were dreaming about a connection you thought you two shared? I feel like it's only me because I'm hopelessly hopefull... I wish I could move on but as long as I like her, no one catches my eye

7. BananaB

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah but I think I'm just interpreting things how I want to see them unfortunately. I love spending time with her but then again I hate it too because its a reminder that I'll never be able to be with her.

I'm banking on basically, getting over her. That I'll accept the reality an meet someone else and we can carry on being friends without any issues and she never needs to know. Finger's crossed!

8. woahthatsboring

I feel you! Hopefully all works well for you :slight_smile:

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

it sounds like you just won't be at peace until you tell her. just come to terms with what you'll do and how you will deal with your feelings if it doesn't go well. and then just do what you need to do.

10. woahthatsboring

You're right, that would mean I would have to come out as well so I'll try to prepare myself-- thank you!!

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

one of the things I've heard about why many people come out when they do is that it happens when the pain of being in the closet becomes greater than the pain of coming out. good luck!

12. woahthatsboring

It's true, I believe keeping it in is harder than actually telling-- it's like you're in a never ending lie haha but thank you once again, I'll take your advice!