1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homophobia

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lordjord96, Nov 12, 2008.

1. lordjord96

so i was on msn and my mate john was talking to me and i said 'im watching this thing about human rights' and he said 'omfg thats so gay, you homo':jawdrop:. and i was like :***:. it came to me that most of (or all)my mates are homophobic and its going to be really hard for me to come out because my school does not take gay with all respect. i was going to come out to them next week or so , but yhea.... so you guys (and gals) think i should just keep my mouth shut or what?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Say something. You don't have to come out if you don't want to, but call him on it. "Really? Treating people with basic human rights is gay? How do you figure?"

Lex

3. mikeyjames17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok here's how i see it. At the end of the day, when you are ready to come out, then thats when you should. No-one should force you. Now at the matter at hand. Just because your friends say that doesn't mean they wouldn;t accept you. You might be surprised at how accepting your freinds would be. From my own experience, i ost my best friend when i told him. Because he found it too weird. But i figured out he wasn;t a true friend. You learn that =] So i say if your ready, go:slight_smile:

4. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not too sure that

was meant as a homophobic remark, but more as an off-the-cuff joke/remark.

If you are ready to "come out" and you are still planning on taking that opportunity next week, I wouldn't let your friend's remark put you off.

As for acceptance, some of your friends will accept you without question, some won't and others will need time on their own to think about what you have told them.

5. JayC

JayC Guest

only come out when you are ready for EVERYONE to know people talk unfortunately so it might get leaked out don't rush it just wait until you are comfortable and most of my friends would make homophobic remarks too but they accepted me for me mostly anyways

6. george678

Right last week I had a friend I said I was watching some Computer videos he said on msn "thats so gay" I said "why did you say gay for" he said "I am like Clarkson very anti gay"
    Me:"I dont care dont be"
    Him:"Why do you know somebody who is gay"
    Me:"Yes me"
    He took it well but dont let them get to you.