1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice would be of help :c

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by skycollage, Mar 16, 2015.

1. skycollage

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Um...hey :slight_smile: I'm a closeted lesbian in a very conservative family ─ they think that being gay is just somehow ending up wired wrong and it can be fixed, like a wire in a machine out of place. I'm often thinking of the future, how I don't want to lose my family but I want to end up someday married, with a wife and a family of my own. I don't want to hide myself. The thought of being with a man like that makes me uncomfortable.
    I just want to know how I should come out and what I should do and if they kick me out what resources I can have to stay safe.
    I'm just so scared and in need of some help and friends. (*hug*)

2. Hizaki

Whatever you do, don't rush yourself to come out! To tell the world your feelings is the very last thing you would ever want to regret.

I don't know exactly if it's easy for you to get to one, but if you can find an LGBT support group, you'll make lots of connections and find loads of resources. I hope you find what you need to make your life better!!

3. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm very sorry to hear about your situation :frowning2:
    I think Onyx Wolf is right about not rushing, come out only when you feel comfortable to (and hopefully won't be putting yourself at risk).
    I did a quick google search for lgbt resources in Orlando and there seems to be quite a few, might be worth checking them out (shame I can't post links here).
    If you need anyone to talk to, or vent at, I'd be more than glad to act as an e-punching bag.(*hug*)

4. moonshinenine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Feel your pain. When you're ready and feel comfortable enough, maybe come out to a close friend. That's how it was for me, I came out to my close friends and they're fine with it. As for family, once I moved out of home I learned this wonderful term called "fuck it." and figured once they find out, they find out. Becoming independent of yourself completely can really help and just help you start over a new leaf and be the person YOU want to be.

5. skycollage

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    @Onyx: thank you :slight_smile: I definitely don't think I'm ready to come out yet but it's really hard being stuck in a closet. /:

@Ix J: Thank you! I will have to google them and find out. Hopefully some will be of help!

@Moon: Thank you for the advice. Just having people to talk openly about this is helping, since I don't really have anyone around me in person to speak of these things with. I will be meeting someone in the summer who has no problem with homosexuality, so I'm planning on coming out to her.