1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kid Quasar, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Kid Quasar

ARG!

I was in 7th period, reading a book on gay debates called "Homosexuality" Well, as I was reading, the teacher asked us to get some paper out. As I put down my book for just a second to fetch a piece, my loud mouth friend turned around and saw the book and asked 'out loud' "Why are you reading a book on homosexuality?" The whole class could hear.

:icon_redf...

You could paint a brick wall with pure red and it would pale in comparison to my blushing.

After a second, my friend realized what he had done. He kept saying sorry through out the period. I couldn't stay mad at him, but still. I wasn't planning on coming out for quite a while, now it's out there. Of course female friend was mad at him, she didn't know I was gay before that, but she did tell him off.

Damn, I have to convince my Mom to let me stay home or something, I don't think I could go tomorrow.

:bang::tears::tears::bang:

2. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Hi!

Don't let that keep you home from school, All in all - who's to say that just because you are reading a homosexuality book, means your a homosexual?

Did he really "out" you so to say? I mean, Sounds like he just questioned the book you were reading!

3. Yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean you were outed. Though the blush may have given it away a little. I have to ask, though, why were you reading a book entitled "Homosexuality" if you didn't want people to get ideas?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read a book on Jack the Ripper last night. All the prostitutes in my hometown best be careful. :slight_smile:

Remember - most people pick up on their cues from you. If you take the day off from school, if you avoid people's gazes, if you try to change the subject when asked, then they'll assume 1. you're gay, and 2. you're ashamed of it. If you simply "own" it, if you say "Yeah, I was reading a book on homosexuality. It was pretty good", then that's as far as it'll go.

Lex

#4 Lexington, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. mikeyjames17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh bless you!
    That is really embarrasing, but if you don;t want to be out yet, then just tell people you were reading up on it because a friend told you they were gay and you just wanted to read up on it. Or try to shift the suspect from you. Just act like nothing has happened though. If you miss school people might be more sussed then.

6. Kid Quasar

Good idea, thanks guys. I'm also considering replacing the book covers >.>

7. Kryz

No, embrase it. be like "yeah, I'm reading a book on homosexuality. Why you want it borrowed?"

8. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your "loud-mouthed" friend has apologised and at the same time has been ticked-off for his lack of tact by another friend - he will be just as embarrassed about the incident as you were.

You may get teased about it by your classmates, moreso if you take time off; but there are two possible outcomes from all of this: you can either deny that you are gay when asked about it - which will make it a lot harder for you when you do decide to "come out" to your classmates - or you can turn round and say "yes, I'm gay, what of it?"