1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out this week...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cutiepop, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Cutiepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've finally decided it's now or never that I come out, I feel like I've been carrying the biggest burden for the past three years and that until I come out I don't feel like I have a real family.

I have had an increase in depression and reckless behaviour these past three days, this is very unusual for me but stress from my relationship is closing in on me, and that's not good seeing as I have OCD also...

I am afraid if I come out my parents will reject me, hurt me, or yell at me/hate on me, and I am 17 so I don't have a safe place away from them and none of my other family knows. So I texted my therapist and told her I am depressed and feeling out of control (cut myself) so I need to come out and go to a psych. ward.

I am thinking I will come out and then go to the ward and check in as depressed/possibly suicidal and give my family time to adjust to me coming out before I come back home...

Idk if this is a good plan, my girlfriend supports it but I am scared honestly to go to the ward but I need it badly.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

I think it would be much better for you to get mentally 'on the level' first, it's not the best thing to be doing when you're having a bad period.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I agree with Foz. Take care of yourself first, and wait until you are in a really good place in your head. otherwise it could get just too difficult for you. don't feel like you have to rush. wait until you're ready.

4. woahthatsboring

^^ I agree with above statements. You might be ready because you want to let go of a burden but mentally evaluate yourself and when you're all good then come out, if you want to have someone to talk to it more about talk to your girlfriend, she'll support you. Good luck!