1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i depressed?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Sarah

hi, Sarah again. i wasn't sure if anyone wud see this part on my other thread so i put it on this new one. please reply....i could really use the help

i think might b becoming depressed but im not sure.
    lately i never want to go anywhere, im exhausted all the time, i keep getting headaches for no reason nd i get irritated or sad over the littlest things. either i don't eat anything or i eat everything. i find myself wanting to cry all the time and picturing what wud happen if i was never alive. i dont kno who to talk to about this, i want to talk to my ex bcuz we'r still friends but he wont talk to me at ALL. he hasn't been replying to my txts ever since i tried to talk to him about it. im scared. i dont kno whats happening to me.

today in PE we were running nd i was getting tired. it was my third lap nd i was just telling myself i only had one more. but then i though i couldnt do it nd i started hurting so bad, i just started to cry. ive never done tat b4 over running. nd i just kept on crying nd crying. but i just finished the last lap (still crying) nd went to the bathroom. there i just started to sob nd cry more. then i just stared to think tat i couldnt live anymore. but i love life!! im so scared and confused i dont hav any idea what to do!!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I am not an expert on depression, but I would say that some of the things you have described could be symptoms of depression.

I think a good person to talk to would be a school counselor. Their sessions are confidential and she or he might be able to help you in dealing with some of the things that you are facing as well as give you some feedback/resources on whom else you could contact. You have mentioned a few things where I think talking to a counselor might be beneficial.

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He covered most of it. You might not be in actual depression, but you seem to be getting close to it. I certainly think a school counselor would be able to help you out without needing to resort to (and pay for) a professional psychiatrist.

4. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to suggest going to see the school counsellor, too.

Take a list with you that includes everything about which you have an issue, that way, you won't forget anything.