1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need To Come Out Again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Mar 19, 2015.

1. David21201

Okay, so to must people I am out as a lesbian. I've tried to explain multiple times to people that lesbians can form crushes on guys. My parents and pretty much everyone else except 3 people think lesbian can only crush and have sex with girls.

Now that I finally feel comfortable with calling myself a panromantic lesbian, I'd like a bit of advice. Does anybody know ways to "simply" explain panromancy? I was also wondering if you guys could give me resources for my parents, friends, family, etc.

Thanks

2. JooBooGoo

Well I think that you could just say "hey it turns out I'm willing to date anobody but I'm still only sexually attractted to woman" or something like that.

3. S0apB0x

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh the joys of trying to explain something to others...I for one hate labels. I think you shouldn't confine yourself to a box with a definition. Whatever makes you happy, makes you happy and it may not fit into one label. We are all human and vary quite considerably in our tastes. But if you want to give an explanation for others and for yourself, i agree with JooBooGoo. Saying you could date anyone if the time felt right, But you have a strong lean towards women will suffice. :slight_smile: Hope Everything goes well. Keep us up to date.

4. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wait, "panromantic?" i've never heard of that before. i think i might be too because (though i'm only sexually attracted to guys) i am still some what attracted aesthetically and emotionally to woman, i think....

i wouldn't worry too much about coming out again. if your friends and family are ok with believing you're not "straight", then i'm sure they'll be fine with you being panromantic also.

5. MurderMystery

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is basically what you should say. Elaborating more on this, you kiddy have to explain that you feel some emotional connection to guys but that if you were to have a more serious relationship or such that you would have it with a women instead! Or whatever you would do. Just say what you feel and do what makes you happy! :slight_smile:

6. guitar

Panromantic is probably what I am. I would just say you can develop feelings toward both guys & girls but there's only 1 you want to do date & have sex with.

7. David21201

Thanks guys

So here's an update: all my friends are cool with it...now to talk to my parents

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck! (*hug*) hold your head up high :thumbsup:

9. arken1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that they don't teach you these different orientations in school. You know, rather than being taught that "gay" is a bad word, and means there's something "wrong" with you.