1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Subtly) Coming Out in Yearbook Quote?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pink Noise, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Pink Noise

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I'm in my final year at school before I (hopefully) go off to uni and I need a quote for my yearbook. I have an idea for one that would somewhat heavily hint at me being bisexual, but I'm not sure whether I have the guts to do. I've never heard of any cases of homophobia being directed towards any one student at my school, but words like 'gay' and the f slur are used all the time in conversation and occasionally as insults.

My closest friends who I'm already out to say I should do it, but I was hoping for a second opinion.

Thanks in advance : )

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is that the best impression you have of yourself? Is that how you want those who knew you to remember you by? how you want those that never did to know about you afterwards?

Personally I would pick a quote that is broader than my sexuality, because it's only a small portion of us. Something that hints at your open mindedness or excitement in meeting new experiences can show how you are accepting of different sides of things. It can be reference to your bisexuality or not at all.
    Go for it's the best image of you!

3. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Could you tell us the quote you want to use? It may help us understand a little bit better whether you should use it or not.