1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MLCarr, Nov 13, 2008.

1. MLCarr

So this has nothing to to with me being gay...well a little...but not much.

This entire week has been the week from hell.

I've been trying to get a t-shirt approved for a Girl Scout event for the last 4 days, the thing is it's not approved and needed to be started printing on Tuesday. Its still not approved, it's not going to be approved anytime soon, and yeah...I don't know what to do. My club advisor (Prof. Fry, Female) is upset with me. I'm mad at myself, and yeah it sucks.

Ontop of that Prof. Fry has been treating me differently lately. As in, upset with me for no reason, calling me out when it's unnecessary, ect. It's been going on since last April, just after spring break. Something must have happened. My only thought? She put two and two together and realized I'm not straight. *sigh* I'm really not sure what I can do about it. Its like, If I ask why she's mad she'll say she's not. If I ask her directly if its because I'm different it will confirm any suspicions she had. If I say nothing things will continue the way they are, which sucks because I am supposed to be president for the next two years. so yeah.

At this point I need advice and a hug. I'm to the point where I'm no longer pissed I'm just extremely upset with myself for letting things go this far. :cry:

2. Markio

I can understand the part about trying to get the T-shirt approved for the past four days; I needed a physical exam and a TB test so that the Health Center would let me register for classes next semester, and I ended up walking 13.8 miles in five days just to get the tests and results from some off-campus medical center. Some administrators just don't get it.

I think professors often may take their stress out on coworkers or students, and seeing as how you're going to be president, she's around you a lot of the time. Maybe she isn't mad at you specifically(although the T-shirt ordeal may have something to do with it...) but is just stressed out in general. If things continue to heat up, you may want to ask her if something is wrong or if she's having trouble with something lately. It may be entirely unrelated to your relationship, and she may not know how to deal with her own problems other than to take it out on her "advisees".

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why isn't the shirt approved?
    Who needs to approve it?
    Why are they withholding approval?
    What needs to get done to get it approved?

Don't let your prof get to you. Just assume she's going through crap. If you feel the heat too keenly, call her out on it. Not in an accusatory way, but just say "Everything OK? You seem kind of tense/touchy as of late."

Lex