1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by optionthree, Mar 22, 2015.

1. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, so I haven't made a thread in a while, but I need some advice.

I want to transition. I talked to my mum and, reasonably, she said she wants the family to know before school. I don't want to tell my family or talk about it though , so I told my mum she could tell them and I would write a letter explaining any questions they might have .

My question is : what questions will they have? I don't want to tell them things they won't want to know, just enough to open lines of comfortable communication. For those of you who have come out , what questions were you asked? Should I be there in person? Do you think they'll want to talk about it?

Any advice is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Astral

Hey :slight_smile:

Coming out in person is always better I feel. It gives people the chance to really see how much this decision means to you and how critical it is to you as a person, and it shows that you're willing to risk it all to be content with your life. They will respect that from you, and after the awkward moment is over, your bonds will be so much stronger! At least consider it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: If you still would like to do a letter there's some examples here on the website under resources! The page can be found here. Hope I helped a bit :slight_smile:

#2 Astral, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe ask your mum to get questions for you to answer from the family members, and you could maybe send them letters or emails to answer the questions? Just a suggestion.
    Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

4. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice!! We told them and they are really cool about it . I was just hideously over thinking it and almost no questions were asked in the end (!!)