1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CSD Pepelexa, Mar 22, 2015.

1. CSD Pepelexa

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, a bunch of my friends think that I'm a bisexual because when I told them I was pretty sure that I was. However, now I know that I'm a biromantic homosexual. For me, coming out originally was hard enough and I only had the courage to do it because I was asked about it. Can someone help me with coming out without having to wait for someone to bring it up?

2. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi CSD Pepelexa!

I have to say, coming out shouldn't be a big deal and nobodies business. Because it's your sexual preference and nobody else's. I don't mean to sound patronising, but you are sixteen and you have got a whole huge life ahead of you to make mistakes and learn from them, trust me I've learnt a few things on the way that you could ask advice to people until that you are blue in the face and still come up with no conclusion. I suppose having a healthy balance of asking for advice and having your own experiences that is what will help you. I know you want to come out and have it over and done with, I am not saying to supress it that is not what I am saying. But, when you are eighteen and out on your own you will have a better idea of yourself and what helps you to 'come out' and the one thing I've noticed with me is, it's best probably to test the waters, when it comes to people and the topic of anything LGBT related, because if anything LGBT related comes up with some people, don't make it obvious that it's coming from your experience, but do it just to see how they react and this will be either a very BIG!! indication or will give a positive insight into someone's stance on anything LGBT issues.

So, all I will say is...take your time, there is no rush, there is no race to be won, it's shouldn't be an issue or any business to know about your sexual preference if anything, it's just apart of who you are and you shouldn't have to explain it, if people don't get it...there's the door. There are many people who have had experiences where some people feel like they are straight but end up being gay or bi, or even the reverse and it does happen, because it's in everybody human genetics. So whatever experiences you have from now till when you are out there in the world they will help to understand more about sexual preference then just talking about it, I don't mean go out and do something silly, because that's stupid, but just live how you see fit, as long as it's not hurting anyone then...what's the fuss.

When it comes to family, I don't know how your family will think about this. I'm sure they would want to see you happy and living a life that you want and as long as it's helping to feel fulfilled instead of worrying about other people's opinions...trust me, I am saying this from personal experience.

If you still want to have anymore information it's probably if you can find a LGBT Youth Group in your area, so that you can get more practical advice and hopefully meet people who can be in the same position as you. Hope this helps?