1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hesitance coming out to people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by krazykyle, Nov 14, 2008.

1. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

So I live in a pretty gay area, west hollywood, currently and people have asked me if i was gay a few times meeting them wether its at my new job or randomly at the coffee shop i frequent alot. Has anyone had similar situations, where you know you're gay but you refuse to say "yes" because of years of denying it. Like someone asked me yesterday and I just completely frozed up and said "no" and I know I am completely gay, or maybe its just me >.> lol. then there's days were im pretty open about being gay.

2. Miles D

Yeah, I know what you mean-- that initial reaction to just say "NO!" and run away and hide :slight_smile:

But I've worked on this by just being really calm, and saying "Yeah." The more you say it, the easier it gets!

3. velvetvamp

totally know what you mean.

I have a feeling that my mum knows as I have never taken a boy home and when I was asked I said no but I wish I had said yes

4. slkayley

Just go with the flow, it doesn't matter, as long as you know who you are.

5. riddlerno1

Yes just today. I came out to female friends yesterday but today with a male mate we we talking about the future and he mentioned wifes and getting married and i just nodded and agreed!! why did i do that??!!

6. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree that all years of denial makes us just to say no, as we have to ourselves so we say it to others as well...it becomes a habit and fear of saying yes I am gay, bisexual, transexual....it takes time to be comfortable and I do agree that the more we say yes and admit it, easier it will get...go with the flow of the moment, what makes us feel secure and safe...there are enormous cultural pressure to overcome and fight against...

7. someonewhosgay

well i do the opeset i use dot deny it then i came out then ppl teased me so i maded up this girl that lived some where far away but i can never kkeep it up like somone says who u like then i say the guy i like which has freaked out magely coz a gay guy lkes him