1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my best friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsmary, Mar 28, 2015.

1. itsmary

SO yeah, she knows that I'm awkward as hell cause I barely show any interest for guys so I want to tell her (finally) that I'm GAY. It's been a while since I don't tell anybody so I don't remember how to do it hahaha She already told me that she could help get a gf or bf but I know she was just joking!:help:

2. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, how do you think she will react? If you don't know how she will react you could do it through a telephone call. Or if you think she will be supportive, you could tell her in person.
    I would probably tell her in person and before you tell her explain why you are telling her (that's what I did with my family and my boyfriend when I came out as bisexual)
    I would tell her that you want to live an authentic life and not have to hide who you truly are to the people you care about the most, and then tell her that you are gay.

3. itsmary

Thank you for your advice! I think she'll be okay with it, she has a few LGBT friends, including a bisexual girl!

4. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No problem! You can do it, because it'll make you feel so much better afterwards!!!!! After I came out, I felt like I deserved free ice cream or something for it :slight_smile:

5. itsmary

Hahaha I know what you mean, felt the same when I came out to mum :slight_smile:

6. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to have to suggest this concept to my favorite local ice cream shop. Best of luck, if and when you decide to tell her please let us know how it goes!

7. itsmary

Hahaha thanks, I will try to tell her today :slight_smile: I will keep you updated!

8. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I get so excited when I hear about people coming out! I hope it works out well for you, and I'm going to check back throughout the day! So I'm here if you need anything. I just want you to know that it is totally up to you and that don't fret if it's not the right time to tell her. Good luck!

9. itsmary

Hey! I couldn't tell her today, we were supposed to go out but her parents didn't let her come with me, sooo I will have to wait till we meet again this week because I don't want to tell her via whatsapp or twitter!

10. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I understand! Goodluck! Let me know how it goes :slight_smile: