1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rygirl, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Rygirl

I just feel like everything that could possibly go wrong in my life is slowly going wrong. I feel like I'm being forced to be one person with the girls at my new school, because they're all homophobic, and another person with my family (Catholic, homophobic) and the only place I am able to be me is here. I can't be myself around my mum because of my religion, which is Wicca (Witchcraft), she has seen my book of shadows and other books on Wicca around my room so she knows that it is one of my interests, but she would never accept it as my religion, she tries to make me go to church every Sunday. All I have to do around my sister to get a pissy look is open my mouth, or turn up. Seriously I have never know two people to live under the same roof and say less to each other. For example she would rather give me some tarty answer and leave me bursting for the loo in the corridor whilst she touches up her concealer than walk ten paces and use the mirror in her room. Which really upsets me because I love her and I always will, she is my sister after all. Then I get all depressed thinking 'how can I get my friends to respect me when my own family doesn't?'
    Sorry about this, I just felt like I had to vent somewhere.
    Thank you so much, all of you for letting me be here, it's the only place where I can be me.

2. Mind Freak

Aw. i'm sorry.
    You'll find someone who will accept you somewhere.

When you least expect it.

Other than that I think you'll just have to shrug off your family and try to be happy.

Maybe find a hobby.

3. biisme

I'm so sorry that things aren't going well in your house, and your shcool. It sounds like you live in a reakky homophobic environment. Do you know anyone that you might be able to talk to that isn't homophobic?

Also, about your religion, has your mom ever said anything bad about Wicca?

And, of course, we're glad that you're here on EC. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

4. thespanishheart

Sorry hun (*hug*)

It's hard living in a homophobic camp. Sometimes when you have one difference from everyone else, they treat it as if you grew a second head. It's sad the way they treat you as badly as they do --- especially for family.

I wish I had more to offer you :confused:

5. Rygirl

She just says the usual Catholic crap about how I'm worshiping the devil and I'm going to hell and what I do is evil.:icon_sad:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best weapon against ignorance is knowledge. So see if your mother will take some time to learn about Wiccans. Let her know that you're not trying to convert her or anything, but you feel she might want to know more about your religion so she'll understand it better.

Lex

7. Rygirl

I'll try, but I'm not sure how much good its gonna do,
    She's pretty set in her ways

8. Nevermind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) I really wish I had some cool smartperson advice for you.

All I can think of is; don't get mad and let them know how they're making you feel, maybe evntually they'll come round.