1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out but theres issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jackrabbit11, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Jackrabbit11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I came out as a lesbian to my dad and my stepmom about two months ago. I'm really ready to just tell all. I just want to be out and not have to worry about it anymore. But they want me to lie low and just keep it to myself. They seem uncomfortable when I try to talk about it, and I feel like they think it's a phase. I know it's not. Ever since like 4th grade I've known that all of my crushes were girls and I can't help it. Anyway advice?

2. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello there, if you feel like they think its just a phase.. then tell them again, and again, and again.. till they fully understand that you are not going to change. Nobody should just lay low and hide their orientation just because someone is uncomfortable with it.

I just want people to live their truths. I wish for people to not be afraid and break free and embrace who they are. I believe that being 100% your true authentic self is the key to real happiness and joy. Life is celebration, and we are all beautiful beings.

If you feel like you're ready, then do so. Don't stop just because someone told you so.

#2 ThisIsLuka, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be assertive about it. If your parents have problems with it, then they should fix them. Just do whatever makes you happy and don't worry about people who don't get it. If they would listen, try to educate them. If they wouldn't listen, that's unfortunate but it's not your fault.