1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ignorance.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NoDayButToday, Nov 16, 2008.

1. i was talking to my mom about the new movie coming out called "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". we're both interested in it, and have read the book. and she was saying how "it's such ashame so many people see prejudice in people today, and these boys didn't see anything like that they just became friends" so i brought something up along the same lines. i said "yeah that's kinda like prop 8" and shes like "what's that?" and i told her what it was and how a lot of celebrities are fighting in, and saying things like we elected our first african american president but gay marriage is still being banned. and she just rolled her eyes. basically saying that it's a good thing it is banned. :dry: little things like this just make me even more afraid to tell her.

2. Absentminded

yeah, it is kinda crazy how ignorance does that to people. I don't quite understand it myself, how we were able to elect an African-American president, but we're not able to accept other minorities for who they are as people.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Keep talking to her, she'll come around.

4. i sure hope so..

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, to many people, homosexuality is a "them" issue until someone close to them comes out. Then it becomes a more personal thing.

Lex