1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Now That You Know" by Betty Fairchild and Nancy Hayward..Should i give it to my mom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Okay, so the book title in the subject line is a book for parents to better understand their lgbt child. I bought it mostly for me, cause it looked really good and it had really good reviews, but im wondering if i should lend it to my mom?

Shes veeery accepting, and has absolutely no problems with my being gay. Shes even read the Rainbow Boys series! So should i give it to her, or not bother since she already has no problems with my orientation?

2. Louise

Re: "Now That You Know" by Betty Fairchild and Nancy Hayward..Should i give it to my

Well since your mum is already very accepting then I think it would be a very nice gesture on your part to lend her the book. When I found out about my son it is one of the books which was recommended to me. I bought it and read it and even when you are accepting it does help you understand better and feel that you are not alone. Your mum may not NEED this book but it won't do her any harm to read it and I'm sure that she would be touched to know that you think of her and trying to support her.

3. kramer362

Re: "Now That You Know" by Betty Fairchild and Nancy Hayward..Should i give it to my

the reviews on amazon say the book is out of date and has hardly been uptdated since it's original 1979 publication. But since you've read it, you'll have a better say in that. If it seemed appropriate and helpful for you, it wouldn't hurt giving it to your mom

4. lordjord96

Read It And Then Give It To Her