1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LockedCloset, Apr 2, 2015.

1. LockedCloset

So, I came out to my closest sister, she's fine with it. I tried to come out to my mom, but didn't work quite as I expected. I made myself a drama thread where I could whine about my life, lol. No, but, it's here, if you want to read it. http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/171700-not-sure-what-do-now.html

I decided to put the whole operation on hold, but my sis is busy all the time, so I kinda have no one to talk to about things like binders and how I feel and stuff. Lately, I've been reading a bunch of coming out stories where they came out to muslim parents and got kicked out of their home and where they get ignored and stuff. I'm sorry if I make a lot of threads about the same thing. But I'm just so confused about all the coming out stuff :/ Do I wait till I get older? OTL

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't believe that there is a right or wrong time it's when you are ready.

3. LockedCloset

I see :goodevil: Thank you!

4. Brokendoll

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! It's totally fine that you make a bunch of posts haha. I will probably do that, too (I'm new)

It's possibly the worst feeling holding something in like this. It's great you have this forum and so much support here! But I think you really should tell her. You have given her hints here and there and that is great! I'm not really sure if I'm making sense haha but what im trying to say is that you should tell her. Everything will work out in the end. Your mother loves and that is wonderful. If she reacts negatively give her time or talk to a family member?

Not sure if I helped but I tried! I'm young, too. I'm 15. If you need anything or want to talk message me! I hope everything works out :slight_smile: when you have the chance you should give all of us an update.

5. LockedCloset

Alright, I think I'll try coming out again soon, after school starts so I have someone to talk to if anything goes terribly wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thank you!