1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nearly came out to dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by happydavid, Apr 2, 2015.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The words I'm bi was just about to come out of my mouth then just before it happens dad makes a homophobic remark at someone at the telly. It's put me back some what and I don't think it's ever going to happen :eusa_doh: maybe I'm ment to hide. Maybe dad should of had a son worthy of him instead of a bisexual with a disability like me. At least he has my sister a nurse and a mother of 3. Maybe I'll just disappear from the world.
    I don't know where this is going but I needed to get this off my chest so I can become happydavid again

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, listen to the negative tone you are presenting here David. I know it's not easy when you are faced with homophobic comments, but don't dismiss your feelings so quickly and think that you will never be able to achieve that which will bring you happiness. You are not meant to hide or disappear from the world and you are no less worthy than anyone else. Thinking in those terms is catastrophic and it's sure to set you back even more.

I'm not questioning the validity of your feelings, but I'm just asking you to consider the way you evaluate things as you can make matters worse. Take a bit of time to reflect and consider how it might happen, rather than thinking that it never will.

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Patrick