1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian in the midst of a sleepover??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xec4, Apr 2, 2015.

1. xec4

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a sophomore in high school, 15, and a lesbian although I'm femme and assumed straight. I'm only out to a few of my really good friends and I want to start coming out to some more of my friends.

My best friend (who already knows) is having a sleepover soon and I was thinking about coming out to the other 3 girls that don't know that I'm gay yet. Is this a horrible idea? I really don't want them thinking I'm coming on to them (although I used to like one of my friends and tbh I wouldn't mind getting with another one of the girls *IF* she was gay too). I never want to impose anything or come on to them if it wasn't okay. I'm really afraid of making it super awkward especially during a somewhat intimate setting.

Would coming out at this sleepover be a good idea? Or should I save it for a separate occasion another time (ie dinner)? :icon_bigg

2. AfraidandAlone

if you think it is the right time and you feel they would be accepting and it would be a safe environment for you then it is the right time for you.

3. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's up to you. If you are comfortable with it. I personally would tell another time. I wouldn't want to freak anyone out lol

4. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally I think its a bad idea. While I hope Im wrong, you do run the risk of one of the girls freaking out and not wanting to stay the night after you tell them. So they either leave or end up spening the night somewhere that theyre uncomfortable. Neither of which is very fair to them. If you wanted to do it, I would recommend waiting till the morning before everyone goes home.

5. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe another time? Saying so at a sleep over seems a little awkward. Might think you are asking for an orgy. ;P