1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think figured out why my confidence isn't so hot

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

Dag on sexuality! Haha.
    I'm comfortable about just about everything else except that.

Something about hiding it just drags my confidence down; with girls I feel like I can't be flirty because I think they'll be like "why is the gay guy flirting with me?" I'm not out yet but people suspect that I'm gay so I guess I have feminine tendencies without realizing it. But not big time because they believe me when I say I'm not.

And with guys well I like them and want to flirt but I can't cause I'm not out and don't want to be.

So lots of hiding which I think would bring down self confidence.

Or am I just making excuses? Lol. Idk.

2. thespanishheart

It makes SOME sense. It's hard hiding behind the mask all the time. I'd say that feeling like the mask is your only chance at being accepted is a good way to bring down self confidence. You're still young, and when I was that age I didn't want to ever come out either. Thing is --- it's a lonely world if you live like that. Now I'm about to come out to one of my best friends and see if I don't crumble. If you want love someday, then someone will need that special signal.

3. cm25

cm25 Guest

Ya I hate having to hide it. It takes work but that's just one obstacal out of the many and you can get past it. Just give it time, it's hard but worth it in the end probably. See I don't have that problem with flirting tho haha. I'm such a big flirt that when I flirt with guys people just think of it as who I am hehehe