1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a right time?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theboy123, Apr 5, 2015.

1. theboy123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im starting to get tired of my family asking me why I dont have a girlfriend -_-. I was actually thinking of going to the shrink but im not sure if its a good idea. Im so scared of what people think of me (the worst part is that im sure most people assume im gay but not out yet, which is true) but nonetheless im still scared of public opinion. i wish i could change that so badly, aghh. and i know the shrink is there to help me but idk, should i? i wanna be happy and be true to who i am. i wanna be ok with myself. ive kind of come to terms with me, but im not ok with being myself with others. any advice??? :slight_smile: thanks

2. Iceman110295

yo i really know what your talking about. The best thing i think that will help is to see who around you is ok with people being gay. just to get a feel of what they think about the situation . One of my friends does not like gay people but when i told him i was gay he said " i don't get it but your still the homie any way". he still treats me the same as he did when he didn't know i was gay. the worrying will eat you up inside. so try to care less about what they think. it will make being gay a whole lot easy.