1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom Just Had A Generic "I Accept You No Matter" talk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedSurfer, Apr 6, 2015.

1. ConfusedSurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So... I know I am relatively new but I am intimately involved with a teammate on surf teamromise, who is also a good friend. We fooled around a little (playful, handjobs, oral) but are connected on an deeper emotional level.

That being that, we are not out about whatever we are or have to anyone else. I goes without saying that we can't spend nights together when are parents are at home. As a compromise, we have been exchanging clothes with each other to sleep in.

This Saturday morning I was wearing his surf team hoodie that has his name on the front. Being honest I get kind of turned on being able to smell him on it and seeing his name when I look down. As I say I get turned on an sometimes masterbate when I wear it.

The night previous I had jacked off in it and wore it as I slept. So in the morning my mom comes in as I am in bed (I did not want to get up) and sees me in my friends jacket. The jacket is black so some of the excess of last night was still on it. My mom freezes for a moment and tells me not to go surf on Sunday as our family has Easter (No one in my family is religious) brunch.

Tonight, my parents just gave the generic we accept you talk.

Am I paranoid?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, you're not paranoid. I'd say she knows what's up. And she's basically telling you she knows, so it's probably time to just come out and get it over with.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And at least you know they are ok with it!

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. :icon_redf She knows............ and she is cool about it! :icon_bigg

If you are still "just questioning" at least you have your mum to talk to about it.

(*hug*)

5. tulipinacup

It does seem like she has a clue about it but I do think that she is unsure about what she saw and may be confuse as well and one thing's for sure is that she wants you to be at ease with whatever your sexuality is and I think thats what the most important thing here.

6. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

It looks like she knows what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if she does, from your details. I think you should just ease her into the fact that you're gay, but it seems as if she has already grasped the fact that you may be (assuming she knows what's going on). She loves you and with that being said, there's no reason to be nervous about it.

7. LiquidSwords

I doubt your mum gave you that talk spontaneously; I'm sure she knows, or suspects, that something is going on. It's good though, you know she'll be fine with it if/when you tell her

Maybe stop cumming on jumpers and sleeping in them though ?

8. nohalos

I agree with everyone. She already hints that she knows something's up. I think that kind of talk with your parents is something that a lot of us here desires! Now, if you do happen to come out to the "inner closet", it's gonna be easier for you to tell your parents, and you automatically have supportive people on your journey.

Fair winds!

9. guitar

My mom gave me the same speech before I came out to her. Almost guarantee she knows.

There was a recent episode of Looking where one of the guys wore his boyfriend's clothes before he was out to his coworkers. They caught on real fast :wink:

10. Oh Lilac

Well, you have been pretty obvious about it! :wink: She may have figured she needed to say something, because given that situation, many people would have been quite clued in. And it is also great that you know she will love and be supportive of you, so it may be a good time to just tell her if you feel ready yourself! :slight_smile: