1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Massive Confidence Boost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkprincess, Apr 6, 2015.

1. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok so I want to make this quick, I really want to come out to my first friend. I plan to tell her over web message that I am transgender and I know what to say. However I am really struggling to send the message I need a big boost of confidence. Could anyone help suggests ways I could feel more confident, a way to get over that fear of coming out or just say a positive coming out story?

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Evert trans* person, both mtf and ftm, I've read about or heard about were extraordinary people that deserve massive admiration.
    If you are only 10% of one of those people you can conquer the world if you want to.

3. Oh Lilac

Imagine the exhilaration of having sent that message, just putting it out there to someone in the world. To even get to the point of considering it is brave, I think. You are already there, so why not keep going? Be unapologetically you. Remember, this is for you, to put a truth out into the world. Your friend is just the recipient of this truth, but it is ultimately yours, and no one can take that away from you. Use your courage and just put it out there! :slight_smile:

4. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't really have any advice or a positive coming out story but I just wanted to say that it is very brave of you to do this. I really admire your courage and you should be proud of who you are! (*hug*) Good Luck!

5. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey darkprincess!

The only thing I will say is, if you are close with your first friend and you feel like that you can talk about aaaanyyyything, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's so brave you to want to come out and be honest. I will say though be aware of any questions or any awkward tension as it can differ from person to person, as I said, if you feel that you can talk and say anything go ahead.

6. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I decided to come out it was because the need for me to live my life honestly and embrace who I am outweighed the fear of not being accepted. I decided I'd rather take a chance at happiness outside of the closet than stay hidden in it upset for any longer. Take a deep breath, be brave for that one second and click send. This is a huge step towards being happy and open and living a life more fulfilled. It is the scariest part but you will feel so relieved when it's over. Best of luck to you friend (&&&)

7. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember you will feel better after you've sent the message.
    It takes huge courage to send it but this is the trut about you..
    You are who you are and you have all the right to be!

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your first time is going to be the hardest, it will get easier. i know this isn't advice but it is reality. Good luck.