1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me come out to my best friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeaSpoon, Apr 7, 2015.

1. TeaSpoon

TeaSpoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share my story and ask for some advice. I'm 16 only recently began to accept that I am gay, the past year or so. The past couple of months I've been seriously considered coming out to my best friend on so many occasions but have never built up the courage to do so. What's held me back from telling him is that I've realised that I'm madly in love with him. I have the biggest crush on him and he seeks to be the only person that matters whenever we are together. Me being in love with him isn't all that's stopping me from coming out to him, occasionally he does make some homophobic comments or slurs. But that's just the type of person he is, he likes the attention. What confuses me even more is the fact that sometimes I think he's gay aswell. Just today we were talking on the bus about how I would accept him if he was black(stupid conversations hit it's one of the reasons I love him so much) and I went on to say how I would accept him no matter what. He then proceeded to say "well what if I was...you know...". I know he meant if he was gay because he kept questioning why I would still accept him for who he is no matter what. That conversation didn't last very long. Anyway. About my best friend. We became friends about 3 years ago and our friendship has just grown so strong, I know I can tell him anything but coming out to him is just too scary for me. My goal is to do it before the end of the year. Any any kind of advise or you're own personal stories are welcome.

Thanks for your time!

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "The other day, I think you tried to ask me if I would be comfortable if you were gay, after you asked if I would accept you if you were black. Of course, I would. I told you that I would accept you just as you are, no matter what. I hope you would feel the same way about me, because I care about you very much, and don't care whether that is "gay" or not, because this is just how I feel about you, not anyone else. I hope it doesn't freak you out, but I want to be honest with you, because you are my best friend, and I want you to know how I feel about you."