1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont think they will believe me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 24, 2007.

1. hoping

about a year ago my mum asked me if i was gay i said yeah and she said no ur not. i think one of the reasons is im very str8 acting. oh and another reason she believes no one is really gay just confused. so how will i get my mum to believe me.

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

I'm not sure if i can give you any advice cause i haven't been in that situation.
    But maybe try telling her again and make sure you tell her how you feel? I dunno hope someoene can give u bettter advice:frowning2:

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people just love their denial and there's no convincing them of anything they don't want to believe.

You might want to ask your mum why anyone would go around saying they're gay when they're not, given that generally being gay is more problematic than being straight.

Of course you could also bring home a boy and make out with him in front of her for a while and see if that works. :lol:

4. hoping

damn u must b reading my mind i was thinking of doing that:icon_bigg

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I wouldn't suggest that. LOL You could, however, make a date with a boy and say "Hey Mom, I have a date on Friday night. HIS name is __________"

6. hoping

i like that too. maybe we could just make out for a few hours on the couch

7. That could work..

8. hoping

but if my father found out he would probably kill me

9. would it be that bad?

10. hoping

well my father and his family r desperate for me to give them grandkids. which i dont want to do.

11. Well i always say, you want them you can take care of them. But im sure you can tell then you dont want kids even without coming out. They'll have no choice but to respect your decision

12. hoping

the thing is i want to come out right now and ive already said about that i dont want kids but they all say ur only 18 u dont know if u wnt kids now

13. Well, you could always say I'm sorry are you me? I'm pretty sure I know what I want. And I don't mean to be offensive at all, but if they get mad at you for being gay because you cant give them grandchildren that's sort of selfish.

14. hoping

i totally agree.

15. SadConfusedBandGeek

hmm i really hope they take it the right way cause it would be hard to tell someone you know is gonna be in denial..but good luck:slight_smile::slight_smile:

16. I really do hope it goes ok once you decide to tell them as well. And myself and many others will be here in case you need to vent or you still need some help with anything

17. hoping

thanks guys.

18. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhhh... breeders and their obsession with childbearing!

I just hate that because, at 18, some people DO know they don't want kids. Or that they don't want to get married. Or that they want to be X, Y, and Z but not Q, R, or S.

Not that people can't change their minds (sometimes) but why would you approach someone's opinion as if it's incorrect from the get-go?

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

19. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honestly i think your parents are just in denial about the whole thing. personaly i would have gotten so fed up with it by now that i would have started a conversation with

"WHY CANT YOU JUST ACCEPT WHO I AM, I DID"

but that is probably bad advice becouse my relationship with my parents is "unique" theres a very interesting dynamic there.

have you told your friends your gay? mabey if you can just forget about what your parents think (yea i know ALOT easyer said than done) and just go on with your life they will come around? i think it may be worth a try but i know it will be hard. i really feel for you, coming out to my parents was the hardest thing i have ever done. if they had told me flat out that they dident belive me.... i might have killed myself (i was already depressed about the whole thing. in fact i found myself in a tree one day with a noose around my neck. i couldnt jump tho. i still havent gone out back and gotten that noose out of the tree. im too afraid to go back there again)
    good luck and keep trying im sure its just as hard for them as it is for you.

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Phantomblade........ I'm happy you didn't go through with it.