1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's killing me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Starshine16

I can't believe how hard this is.I am extremely close to my parents,but I have been feeling more and more distant from them as I have become certain of my sexuality and I hate the feeling of emotional separation between us.Especially my mom and I because we are soo close and we always have been.I have constant headaches and I am starting to struggle in some of my college classes because I am keeping this from them.I want to come out and just say it because keeping the secret is horribly difficult and detrimental to my physical and emotional health.I now lay in bed crying for about 30-60 minutes because of all the secrecy that I am dealing with.It's just too much for me.

So do I come out to them now before the holidays or wait until just after the new year because my mom has a tendancy to let things slip at big family dinners such as Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner and I am not ready for my conservative relatives to know quite yet(Seeing as the two main ones who are part of the big dinner voted yes on Prop 8.) There are only going to be 7 people at both dinners and 2 out of the seven are very conservative and my grandmother is catholic in addition to her conservative views.

Sorry it's so rambly I just don't know what to do.

2. EM68

I am in the same boat. Its hard for me not telling my mom and I'm 40. I wrote a thread last night Awkward... Very Awkward. Its little more in depth on what I am going through. You are not alone! (*hug*)

3. Jim1454

I'd be tempted to wait until after the holidays.

So try not to let it bother you. Make a firm decision that you're not going to tell them until early January, and then stop agonizing over it every day.