1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairstyles and the Transman

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AnonymousMono, Apr 7, 2015.

1. AnonymousMono

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Getting the hairstyle is pretty rough as it is. I have the particular face shape (as a parent says) to handle a decent short hairstyle and the like and pass easily also.

Today I just asked my mom if she could give me the good hairstyle a man would look good in.

My mom retorted messily with "I give you all the haircuts you could want! Are you saying my haircuts are bad!?"

Well then, any advice for a man to get the good haircut, without makin the mom feel insulted? I would go to a barber, but I am low on money at the moment.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might tell her you would like a hairstyle that is not to effeminate... you like one which makes you look more active and outgoing...
    or you might be a bit more direct and say you'd like a more boyish hairstyle because you like it that way... or you would like to try that style...

hugs

3. abandonedsocks

Male haircuts tend to be more squared off, around the ears, in the back, whereas the same haircut on a female tends to be pointed. It can make a lot of difference believe it or not. She may not know this difference, or she may. Maybe ask that you'd like those areas a bit more squared, or just straight ask if you can do something more masculine.