1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of Falling for the Opposite Gender/Sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CantFigureItOut, Apr 7, 2015.

1. CantFigureItOut

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have this fear that if I came out as gay, then I am eventually going fall for a guy. Or that I am going to realize that I am actually bisexual...or even straight. This fear of being wrong and falling for a guy are one of the reasons why I don't want to "come out." I also have a hard time accepting myself because I don't want to get too comfortable with being gay only to find out I'm not.

Did anyone else have this fear? How did you overcome these fears?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At the end of the day, it should not matter whether you identify as one sexual orientation one moment then later you realize that you're not that certain sexual orientation because you've fallen for someone. Love can come in all shapes and sizes I would like to encourage you to just keep your mind and options open for new possibilities there is no reason to be afraid, hun :slight_smile:
    If you ever need anyone to talk to don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why I refrained from labeling until I had a stable pattern to understand myself. Until then it's best to just like whom you like and not worry about what name to call your attractions. Much less stressful that way and feels incredibly liberating. :slight_smile:

4. africanFlower

i feel the exact same way, it scares me too. but @Unicorn Queen and @argentwing are right. i dont think anyone should feel pressured to label themselves. at the end of the day its all about love and you being able to love freely. with coming out, what i told myself is that because of this fear i have similar to yours, i wanted to first understand myself and what i like before deciding to come out. you should come out if you want to and when you reading. love who you love 'cause love is not a bad thing. ♥♡♥♡

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2015 at 10:32 PM ----------

ready i meant