1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stucked in coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robbie, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Robbie

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to ask if it's only me, or others had the same feelings as well? So here is my problem....

A few weeks ago I told to one of my best friends, that I'm gay. She took it well, and we are still good friends. But since that day I haven't came out to anyone. I think I still haven't accepted it fully, and I wanted to push it harder to get through the whole coming out process. I'm afraid, that if I tell everyone then it will be irreversible. Even though I know, that I'm gay.... :confused:

What the hell can I do? A few months ago I was so sure about my feelings, and now I feel so cowardly... :help:

2. nohalos

Maybe you should wait. You don't have to pressure yourself to come out to anyone! :slight_smile: Your sexuality is your business. Take some time to reflect on yourself, what do you really feel, figure some things out. When you've finally figured things out and confirmed it, you can start planning on coming out.

It takes a lot of courage to tell even one person! That's already a courageous gesture! You can always tell people little by little. I think it helps that you slowly get there, instead of bursting it all out at once.

Good luck!

3. camzzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with noangel - it has to feel right for you. I am a bit younger than you (17) and came flying out at 13! Coming out is a different experience for everyone. I am lucky to have a very supportive family and my friends couldn't have cared less -even at 13, when kids are really mean to others who are different from them. Have you thought about what you are afraid of? Is it losing friends? Family reaction? The reality of it? Think about those things and see what you discover.

The catalyst that gave me the courage to come out was my first real crush on a boy. Maybe you will find someone who will give you that courage.

Coming out is a huge step and it DOES take some courage. When you are ready, I think you will know. Don't be too hard on yourself! You will be fine.

4. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

I came out to my first person a year ago and I still haven't told everyone yet! I seem to be able to do it every 6 months- last April, back in October and then late March.

There's no set timeframe that you have to come out. You can do it when you feel comfortable, whether that's one a week, some every few months or all at once. Just take it at a rate you feel confident in taking. :slight_smile: