1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i come out on my youtube channel?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dreamer27, Apr 8, 2015.

1. dreamer27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Guys i live in india and i started vlogging for fin but recently i have gotten some homphobic comments stating that my mannerisms are gayish and retarded and thus my videos are unmarketable to public .
    So basicaly i want to come out to change views about gays in indian society .i meam look at tyler oackley he is gay and popular youtuber why cant india be more accepting of things like this.so i request you guys to give me advice whether to do a coming out video or not.:icon_sad:

2. Im Hazel

Uuuh, aren't there laws against homosexuality in India? I wouldn't if I were you - it could get you into trouble - you could even go to jail. Maybe it's best to stay closeted for the moment.

3. RainDreamer

Unless you have plans to protect yourself and back ups - like moving to another country - I suggest you not to do that.

4. Foz

Foz Guest

As far as I'm aware the situation in India is gay sex is illegal as it is 'a crime against nature', however the case has been bouncing between the courts for years now and as far as I'm aware no one has actually been charged in the last 5 years.

5. Im Hazel

But if he has a public video announcing it, if they start prosecuting people again, he will be in huge trouble.