1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do i do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tncj55, Apr 8, 2015.

1. tncj55

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So ive decided im going to come out to my best friend in the entire world. How do i do it? i dont want to mess it up because if she were to stop talking to me then there would be no more point in life. so help please?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would suggest that you first test how she feels and what she thinks about bisexuality :slight_smile: Try to bring the topic up nonchalantly in a conversation and based on her reaction you can decide your next course of action n_n

3. sedgeling

If she's really your best friend, then I think that she is going to be okay with your sexual orientation. I don't know what she's like, but even if it surprises her at first or something, if she is really your friend, I assure you that she will come around. If not, then unfortunately you'll have found out how much she actually cared about you. I mean, I've had friends with homophobic tendencies, but when I came out to them, they were uncomfortable, but eventually they came around and realized that I'm no different than I was before I told them.

Like Unicorn Queen said, I do think you should test the waters a bit. Just feel out how she feels about LGBT issues and that sort of stuff. I mean with the Indiana thing going on, it's easy to bring it up into casual conversation.

However, if you're at the point where you're just ready to tell her, then I have some advice for that as well. First, it is probably best that you talk to her in private. Just you and her so there is no pressure about others overhearing you that you don't want to overhear you. Then, just tell her you have something you want to tell her, and then come out with it. Sometimes it also helps to verbalize your feelings. Just like, "I'm nervous, but I really want to tell you this. A part of me is scared you'll reject me, but I'm going to do it anyways." Because you should expect to be scared, but coming out to that single person is like ripping off a Band-Aid. You just have to get it over with.

4. tncj55

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But what do i do if she does freak out. i mean i love her so much

5. blackhatguy

If you have a mutual friend/acquaintance who's something other than straight you can ask how they feel about them and kinda test the waters. It's not a terribly subtle approach but I used it once.

Some of my friends who I was most afraid over have been the most supportive.

6. sedgeling

If she does, it's going to hurt, but sometimes life goes that way. Unfortunately we can't control how others perceive us, and I can understand your fear. If she freaks out, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she is rejecting you and wants you out of her life, but I would give her space. Give her time. Give her a bit to adjust to the idea, and re-open the conversation with her, and go from there. Communication is key. People process things differently, and if she does overreact, it isn't the end of the world necessarily.

But, if she does flip, and not want you anymore. Well. You just learn to cope and adjust and get over it. Time basically is what heals that wound. It sucks, but, that's how life can be sometimes. You'll find somebody new eventually, and they'll connect with you in a different way, but just as deeply as this best friend, and you will love them. And life will go on.

7. tncj55

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know its alot to ask but can u subscribe to this so that when i do tell her i can tell yall

8. sedgeling

I subscribed to the thread for you.