1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Masnar, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Masnar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 47, I have been with the same from 1991-2014. We were married 1995-present.

We are separated amicably as can be with two school age sons; we are awesome parents, and the break was not due to my sexuality.

My primary notion for not coming out really because, I don't people to think my sexuality was why we split apart. I mean, I am identifying as gay but I am attracted to women and it was not fake when I was younger or even up until our separation...

So, what do I do? I am easing into to the idea that I am closer to gay than bi right, or perhaps permanently...

I'd appreciate any insight you ECers could give me....

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Divorce her amicably for the reasons you already have and start living your life as a gay man when you are ready; hold off on coming out to her, as it is not the reason for the divorce. Continue to treat her with respect if she re-marries and continue to be a part of raising your two sons, telling her about yourself after divorce and the boys when you and your wife agree that the time is right to do so, explaining that your being gay was not the reason that you jointly decided you should no longer live together.