1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Out anniversary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dragonfly247, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Dragonfly247

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone!

It is my 1st anniversary of coming out to my parents and this is my first post. It is really strange to think back at how scared I was to tell them. I really thought that it would be the end of our relationship and that of many other people too.

Thankfully they took it really well and one year on they are totally cool with it.

I came out by powerpoint presentation!! Something that really helped me to come out was the support from my partner who had written a book about her experiences. I keep telling her to get it published as I really think that it will help so many people.

Love and light to everyone who is still in the closet fearing the worst. I hope that when the time is right for you that you get all the love, support and acceptance that you deserve.

Dragonfly xxx(&&&)

2. PunkRockKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Dragonfly! I'm so glad that the people in your life accepted you and that you were courageous enough to tell them. :icon_bigg

Hopefully if I tell my parents one day they'll accept me like yours did.

3. LameBoo

Congrats :grin:
    May your story add more inspiration to us. I'll try, and if I can't next month then maybe when I graduated. Thanks !

4. Rapha Lover

Oooooowww! That's so cute!
    Powerpoint presentation? Hahaha! That's a good idea to my case as well!
    Anyway, I'm not coming out to my parents yet, but I hope they accepted me!

Welcome to EC friend!!!
    <3

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats and welcome to EC! That's nice and I imagine it was helpful having partner when you were coming out to them. I think that would help a lot of people, like an extra reason to come out and someone who you can count on regardless how the parents react. I hope you and her are very happy!