1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ashleigh16, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Ashleigh16

Growing up in a conservative Christian home and being a Christian I am terrified to come out. I originally told several people I was bi but then slipped back in the closet dismissing it as a phase. Now I'm questioning again and since I have learned that you can be gay and Christian I have come out to one friend. I know I can't tell my parents at least not until I graduate and move out but even then I don't know. I have always hated hiding anything about who I am...

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

I can really relate to this. My family is very religious and were not accepting of me at all when I came out. But do I regret doing it? Absolutely not. I hated the secrecy, the hiding, the pretending to be someone that I am not. When I told them it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Right now you're willing to question and that's a great step. If you need any help figuring things out, myself and the rest of EC will be happy to share our thoughts and advice. Coming out might be tough if your parents hold traditional views, but for me it was worth it.

Wishing you luck xxx

Edit: I'd also like to add that your family might just surprise you in being more accepting than you'd think, so don't lose hope on that front!

#2 Ortensia, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just to put this out there, I am not Christian but I completely respect your desire to be one. I do not understand the disdain that some Christians have towards homosexuality when the bible states that homosexuality is just like any other sin. How does the saying go? Let he who is free of sin throw the first stone? Something like that. Either way, that saying carries a powerful message. Really no one has the right to condemn a people group because of the way they are born. I would suggest asking your parents how they feel about homosexuality and/ or the LGBT community in general. From what they tell you you can decide what to do from there. Remember you are not alone :slight_smile: We are all here to help each other out n_n And most importantly of all, don't be ashamed of who you are! You are beautiful in every way (*hug*) <3

4. Ashleigh16

Let me just clarify something. My mom once took my phone for 6 months for supporting gay rights. I'm terrified of what would happen. I have always been so close to her except when I rebelled. I can't lose her. But maybe start telling people I know I can trust?

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2015 at 07:02 PM ----------

And I understand the biblical view. If I hadn't done a lot of studying and praying. You have to know a lot of background stuff to see Biblical support for gay marriage

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2015 at 07:03 PM ----------

And ortensia i would like to talk sometime

5. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am terribly you had to go through that :c Unfortunately some Christians don't want to take the time to study their Bible and because of this their ignorance gets the best of them and it is others who suffer because of it /:
    I would definitely encourage telling people you trust! That's always a great idea :slight_smile: Coming out to more and more people is a very liberating feeling n_n

6. Ashleigh16

It is fine. Yeah it is. Thanks. And I'll try to

7. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best of luck hun n_n (*hug*)