1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my mum think gay now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OtherMe, Apr 12, 2015.

1. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does my mum think I'm gay now?

Please bare with me on this one and give it time - thanks: Right so basically I kinda messed up. I recently went on holiday with my friends and obviously took a lot of pictures so when I got backed I started showing them to my mum. I was scrolling through them and sunddenly swipped aross to a picture of some guys naked by a pool (just a pic off the internet) and I just thought shit, and quickly took away my phone from my mum's eyes and confused she goes ' what was that?' And I'm just shitting myself and reply 'nothing' and shes like ' what was it a picture of?' So not sure of what to say I quickly reply ' it's just of us by the pool' and she goes 'what skinny dipping? Did you swim naked?' So trying to walk away I just kinda shouted ' what the he'll no we were in our swimming trunks, why would we swim naked were not weird' she was just like 'sorry it just looked like you were naked!' I didn't reply and just went to my room. So I'm not sure if she fully saw the picture and is unsure if it was guys naked but now I think she might think me and my friends are gay, (remmember it wasn't actually us just a random pic) and might think we get naked together or she saw exactly what it was and knows I'm trying to cover and I'm just really scared right now cause I'm no where near ready to tell anyone I'm bi and don't want her to tell anyone what she thinks she saw and bascically arghhhhh. :eusa_doh: :bang: I don't even know why the pic was there. Sorry for the long post - OtherMe

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2015 at 02:07 AM ----------

Missed I'm from the title

#1 OtherMe, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

We can't tell if you're Mom believes that you're gay. The only way to tell is if she confronts you about something similar to that. Like if she does a "I'll accept you no matter what" talk, or if she starts asking, "Do you like boys?" or something along those lines. I remember long before I came out when my Mom asked me that question, for no reason, she says... I still don't know why she asked that.

Point is, just tell us if she ask any particular questions. She may be suspicious if she saw the whole picture. Don't worry about it too much for now though, okay?

3. Foz

Foz Guest

I've been skinny dipping with some of my friends a few times and we aren't gay, well except one of us XD

Unless she asks, don't tell. If you approach her about it she'll probably add 2 & 2, so for now just chill and let it slide.

4. Im Hazel

Is it so bad if she knows? If you are ready to come out anyway, just try telling her. At least she will believe you...