1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JT, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JT

JT

I'm not necessarily looking for support, but just a place to vent. Put down my thoughts and get a little feedback.

Where to begin? First day of school? Maybe.
    I'm a senior, and in our school, we get to pick the type of gym classes we want and then the students are divvied up into different classes with different coaches. I guess that's irrelevant, but I like to be descriptive. Anyway, I chose a class that I really wouldn't have to do anything in. I had a couple senior friends in that class, but they transferrred out, as the class is really, really boring. I opted to not follow. For what reasons, I don't remember.

In any case, I made some new friends, and strengthened some not so strong friendships with an assortment of Juniors and Sophomores. A cool group, but.. It was just kinda wierd. I'm not particularly fond of underclassmen. They tend to be irritating

So, a kid in this group is just to die for. At least in my eyes. I don't even know why I'm attracted to him. It's wierd. But anyway, me and this girl that I'm out to knows him too. We were just having a conversation, and somehow he came up. And something to the effect of "So-and-so told me he was bi". Initial reaction was no way. Seeing as (don't be offended for my stereotype) he's really good at football and lacrosse. Sports weren't the only things that had me doubting the statement. Just his persona in general. His attitude toward women, his demeanor, and overally statements made that would reflect that of a straight male.

I didn't really let the whole bi thing get to my head, as I really couldn't see it being true. But, recently there'd been some rumors circulating around the school about him being gay. That he hooked up with another boy in his grade.

Again, not really concrete. A rumor's a rumor. But... It's like dangling a fucking piece of (hot) meat in my face. I don't know what to do. I've been trying to hang out with him outside of school, but we only get to talk every other day, if even that. Seeing as he's on the opposite side of the school all day. I have his phone number, but I don't really utilize that for fear of coming off as being creepy.

I've invited him to two parties and he's flaked on both, so I don't know what's really going on. I've invited him to a party on Saturday as of today.. We'll see how that turns out. I did it in person this time. The last two times were via txt. I only got a response on one.

Getting close to him is becoming a far more challenging task than I had originally anticipated. I'm a very impatient person, but I like a challenge. ... I just want to know if I'm wasting my time or not. And I don't mean like wasting my time if he likes me or not, I mean wasting my time trying to figure this kid's orientation out.

Even if he wasn't gay, or bi, or what have you, I'd still want to be his friend because we have a lot in common. Mainly music. :bang: If you made it this far through my wall of text, I'd like to inform you that he's not aware of my being gay...

2. All I can say is good luck. Footballers are hot (except for the fat ones).

3. starfish

Maybe you could just call him up and say hey I'm bored want to go do something.

4. Yeah, do that. It's not weird or creepy. Two guys hanging out isn't so unheard of by anyone.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd avoid saying "hey I'm bored", simply because it sends the message that you've sort of exhausted all other options, so "may as well hang out with you". Maybe better to pick an activity. Since you both like music, maybe work that angle. "Hey, I saw the Screaming Cheese is doing a free show on Friday night, and I've been wanting to see them for awhile. I was going to go check them out, and thought maybe you'd like to come along."

Lex

6. mikeyjames17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good bit of advice Lex, but i think if he did that, it comes across as a bit...well asking him on a date. And if musclelvr doesn't want the guy to know he's gay yet then that wouldn't be the way to go. I say don't do anything until your one on one with him. If he turns up to your party then flirt with him or ask him if he's into any girls or something like that. Or both get drunk and tell him you think he's hot, and if he goes 'what the hell' then just say its the drink talking. There's so many ways you can go about finding out if he's gay. Just be sneaky about it and not to full on. You don't want to scare him off if he's gay.

7. JT

JT

You know where I'm coming from, Mikey.
    As creepy as it looks, reading it from another person's username, that "plan" is what I've been trying to execute.

As a (closeted) high school student, I have to do a lot of tip-toeing.

8. starfish

Lex does bring up a good point. Just keep in mind it is not at all unusual for 2 guys to go do something, especially if that that something is a guy thing to do.

For example, if you say Hey I'm going to see the new James Bond movie on Friday you want to go? I guess the important part is just be nonchalant about it. That way it sounds you are asking a friend to do something, and not asking for a date.

9. JT

JT

On a follow-up, today, a mutual friend of ours inquired about his sexuality... to him directly. He said he was gay.
    Now the only problem is coming out to him. Shouldn't be a biggie, though. Although, the fact that he's only in 10th grade complicates things. Kids are gossips.