1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UnderTheRainbow, Apr 13, 2015.

1. UnderTheRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, I live in San Antonio, Texas. I have told all my family except my father and his gf. I also came out to a family friend that is openly gay and his bf too. Basically, I have no experience with bad coming out and am afraid of it. I do not know if my friend is homophobic or not, but she is really nice. She lives in Houston, Texas and the only way I communicate with her is texting and calling. I feel that I should tell her that I am a lesbian since she is my bff, right? I just guess I have coming out jitters. What do you think I should do? :icon_sad:

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Maybe try and find out what her opinion on LGBT stuff is before you tell her. That way you'll have a better idea of how she might react, and therefore be more prepared. Less scary when you know what to expect, right? If she's a good friend and a good person I'm sure you'll be just fine, and the kind of person who reacts badly isn't the kind of person you want in your life anyway x

3. xxlovebuggxx

xxlovebuggxx Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    If she is truly your best friend, then she will love you for you. If she takes it wrong, then she was never relly a friend. In life you have to be surrounded by those who will always accept and love you, especially when it comes to love. I wish you the best of luck <3