1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do I come out to?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sammistar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Sammistar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was hoping I might be able to get some advice on how to come out to my friends and family, as well as who I should come out to? I'm really happy that I've found my sexuality, and I don't mind who knows. My problem is the actual act of telling people. I've already told my closest friends, but that's all. My family has no idea. I've been in a long term relationship with a man for a year, before coming out as a lesbian to myself, so I know that most people see me as straight and I just feel like people are going to question me and not believe me or think it's a "phase". Also, I don't want to have to tell EVERYONE I know that I'm gay because that's a conversation that I shouldn't have to have with everyone, but then they'll assume I'm still straight, or if I mention a girlfriend, they'll think I'm bi. And I'm really happy with my sexuality and don't want to hide it in any way. I know my parents will love me no matter what, but the subject is hard to bring up, and my mum has already shared concerns on same sex parents which worries me :frowning2: I just don't want the happiness I feel at finally discovering this missing part of me, to be diminished in any way by what other people say.