1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finish what I started...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by luckrunningout7, Apr 14, 2015.

1. luckrunningout7

Last summer I came out to my sister as gay. She accepts me for who I am and isn't bothered by my sexuality. Now I have ten more family members... My fears: My mom won't understand and say its a phase. My uncle, who just stopped treating me like shit, but will probably make fun of me when he finds out. My grandpa. He loves me, but I'm afraid he'll treat me different. And I don't even know about my cousins. This isnt including my friends and just being out to everyone. I just don't want everything to awkward since i like guys. I don't want anything to be different. I just don't know how 2 go about it. I'll probably do it during summer so everyone is used to it by school next year. I wish I had a BF. Then I would hav a reason and someone to lean on if things get tough. I guess I expect to be bullied, called f**. mostly cuz that's what happens on TV. Yes I know its fake but its very intimidating. Someone plz help!

2. CrazyBisexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Quick question: do you know if any of your family members are homophobic
    P.S. Love the profile picture

3. luckrunningout7

Thanks. And I'm mostly scared about my uncle. When I was little he would call me a fairy. When I was little, I was embarrisingly very girly... Occasinally, hed call me gay. But now that I've grown up, he's started to treat me better. Now that I like girly stuff anymore, I guess. He's been nicer to me. When I told him about, my teacher calling me the "R" word ( A story for another time...) He was angry and said that she should have lost her job. I just don't want to come out, and have him hate me, or call me f**. I just don't know how he'll respond. That's the scariest thing for me.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really want to come out during the summer, then I'm not going to tell you not to, but there really is no hurry to do this. If you are so uncertain about how people will react it may not be the right time. Setting yourself deadlines can work in some circumstances, but when you are still living at home and have concerns about the potential upset it's worth asking yourself if you are adding even more pressure to the situation.

Is there any particular reason why you feel the need to come out now?

5. luckrunningout7

I just am getting really tired of hiding in a closet. It gets really lonely, and some days I almost push through the doors. And honestly I feel more stressed at having to keep being gay a secret. Its so stupid. At points Ill think "Who gives a s***?" but then I talk myself out of it. Im afraid that everyone will hate me and ill have no one to help me get through it