1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pseudoredhead, Apr 16, 2015.

1. pseudoredhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello friends. I am new. I am just beginning to come out, but only to one close friend and my family. I began questioning about a year ago, and just now am I accepting the fact that I am attracted to females. Although it was a very confusing journey, I’m happy I can feel comfortable about that aspect of myself. Actually, I think I have known that I was attracted to females for a while, but I really felt uncomfortable with the idea, so I pretended to be attracted to males. It was after I had a legitimate crush on a girl that I really began to self-analyze myself… Now that I have really accepted it, I’m at a lost with how to get myself out there to meet women… I’m a college student, so I’m sure there are plenty of opportunities to meet other women, such as the LGBT center, but I’m not sure how comfortable I am with that. Do any of you have suggestions? (!)

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC
    Join clubs (both LGBT and clubs that are not specifically LGBT), be yourself and have fun. There will be a girl out there that will have a crush on you!
    It takes time to get comfortable with the idea of "chatting up" someone of the same gender, but once you get the hang of it it's a blast.

3. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Nice to know you've come out. Just be true to yourself and don't try to impress women too much. Be natural and confident but not too cocky...I'm sure you'll meet someone for you.