1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hit a Wall"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gabroxs20, Apr 17, 2015.

1. gabroxs20

I've known that I was a lesbian for a while now, but was never ready to tell anyone. But over the past few months I've told my closest friends and my mom. But now I don't really feel like telling anyone else. My mom asks me every once and a while, "do you want to tell your dad" "do you want me to tell your dad" etc. I feel bad in a way, because he doesn't know and she does. I've sort of in a way hit a wall so to speak because I've told some people, but now I just want to keep it to ourselves, but my mom wants to tell my dad. What do I do, because I'm not ready for other people to know but my mom doesn't want to be the only family member who knows. :icon_sad:

2. caiteee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I totally get that and even telling those few people is a huge step forward. It will take time and slowly, little by little you will feel comfortable telling more and more people. Your mum wanting to tell your dad is a hard one but maybe think of the reasons why you don't want your dad to know yet. Then you could either tell your mum those reasons or maybe understanding all those reasons might make it easier to tell your dad.

3. gabroxs20

I want my dad to know, honestly I do. But I think what's holding me back is this idea of going through everything I went through my mom all over again. She was fine with it, but for a while she looking at me a little bit different, and then there are the awkward silences, and random questions. And I know that's going to happen, but I think the reason why I don't want any one else to know yet is because I think I'm just not ready for everything/their opinions of me/etc to change quite yet. My mom in a different situation would probably just tell me that I need to get some courage. I'm working on it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: