1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weird Thing About Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gabroxs20, Apr 17, 2015.

1. gabroxs20

I never really realized how much more I've come to accept my self until recently. When I first saw "The Imitation Game", I was really upset afterwards, partly because the movie is generally upsetting, and also because it hit a little too close to home. I hadn't really come to terms with who I was at that moment in time, and no one in my family really understood why the movie upset me more then everyone else. But when I watched the movie for a second time tonight I wasn't as upset afterwards. Sure there were moments that made me want to cry, but I did't feel super depressed afterwards either. That's when I realized that I had come to terms with myself more. Sorry if this was a bit rant like, and it probably doesn't make any sense. I just had to say it, and I didn't think anyone I knew would really understand.

2. DragKing692

Accepting yourself for who you are can be difficult at times, and there are definitely trigger moments in movies, for example, that can do that to you. However, no matter what, you must stay true to your heart. And if something doesn't go quite right, you'll always have EC. Good luck, and if you need to talk, lemme know.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie