1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally came out to someone!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Erzulie, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Erzulie

I finally came out to someone! It was the friend I had been debating telling because she was clinically depressed, and was advised against telling her until she got a little better. She has gotten a lot better, and she sort of gave me a push b/c apparently she'd figured it out in december. She knew that I didn't want to get married because I had told her that (I didn't say it just wasn't in the conventional sense, I do want to get married but not to a man) and so she asked me "when are you going to tell your parents why you don't want to get married?" So i said, "what do you mean why i don't want to get married?" and she said "because you're gay, right?" and then i told her that yes, I was and we went into a conversation about it, so that was a good thing.

She said that because I helped her so much in her depression that she wanted me to know that she was also there for me in any way I needed, and that if I needed any help about anything to just ask. It was kind of really nice even though I started crying halfway through our conversation. (I knew that was going to happen when I came out anyway)

But YAY, now I can finally say that I am out to ONE person. Hopefully there will be more to come soon. :slight_smile:

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Yay! Go you :slight_smile: that's a great step to make and it's fantastic she responded so well. It must be good to know you have support from her! Hopefully everyone else you tell will be as supportive.

Good luck and let us know any developments x

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations:slight_smile:

4. Erzulie

Is it normal to feel a lot more stressed after coming out? I feel like i was 10 times less stressed before I came out to my friend. I want back in! :frowning2: I guess it all started when we started talking about the indian community we are a part of, and how I'm going to deal with that. I know it's so far down the road, but the community is really important to me.

5. Miss PH fan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, Erzulie :slight_smile:

First things first: congratulations!! You are out to one person now, but yes, that's how it all begins and you'll see how it's gonna be easier from now on :wink: So, breathe and take your time

Now, yes, being stressed after coming out is normal, it happens to some of us. You know you'll have to deal with some issues, and probably it is not going to be easy but hey, you are in the right place here: you have our support. So, talk to us every time you need a friend.

Good luck!! (*hug*)

6. Hizaki

Congratulations! :grin:

7. Manitoban

I felt a lot more stressed in the initial weeks after coming out. Overall I'm happier that I did in the end.