1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Should I Tell My Parent's I'm Pansexual/Queer? (Advice Needed Badly)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HarmfulLoverX, Apr 18, 2015.

1. HarmfulLoverX

I am pansexual/queer. (I'm comfortable with both terms)
    Well, I want to tell my parents about my sexuality
    I started having feelings for girls when I was 12, and then until my 1st year of high school I decided to come out to my friends and tell them I am queer. They said that they figured it out all along due to the way I "acted and dressed" So that went well
    The problem is, is that ever since I was a little girl my parents had always told me that gays go to hell and don't follow Satan's path to you know-- But too bad mom and dad. I was born this way
    So lately my parents have been asking me if I'm a lesbian and I tell them no. So then yesterday they were yelling at me that I'm a disgrace and shit and I haven't even told them yet! :bang:
    Also when I was younger, they told me that if I ever came out as a lesbian, bi, queer and etc. that they would kick me out of the house and send me to conversion boot camp. But yet they have gay and lesbian friends themselves-- :confused:
    Society is highly fucked up
    But I'm totally fine with them kicking me out of the house because I can go to the pride center near my town and get rehabilitated without my parent's consent
    But the one thing I want the most is to come out already without fear
    I hope I can get advice before things get worse.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in the same boat with this whole coming out thing the trouble is, I assume you would prefer it if your family could accept you rather than cast you out, which could be difficult. I'd suggest taking things slow. Maybe move the topic of conversation over to LGBT+ stuff every now and then, so you can get an idea of their feelings and if those feelings have improved.