1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weird Thing About Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gabroxs20, Apr 18, 2015.

1. gabroxs20

Earlier in the year I had really reached the point of full acceptance of myself, I still haven't but I wasn't even close then. My dad and I went to see the "Imitation Game" which was an amazing movie, but at the end of it I was really upset compared to everyone else. I was more upset on the inside then on the outside, and later I ended up just sitting in my room and crying. I think this was because I hadn't really come to terms with everything and watching parts of that movie just messed with me. Last night my family watched the movie for the second time, since my mom hadn't seen it. At the end I was a little sad, but I wasn't feeling all the emotions that I had last time. This made me think, and I realized that over the past few months I had come to accept myself more, and the movie for example didn't take as big of a toll on me. Sorry if this didn't make any sense, but I just wanted to say it and try to explain and I don't really have any one to talk to that would even begin to understand. Thanks for "listening" :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2015 at 08:52 PM ----------

oops. my computer was doing weird things last night, and wasn't loading stuff so I didn't think it got posted, so I decided to retry. uhhh turns out that it did get posted, so sorry that its posted twice. :slight_smile:

2. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I guess I had an almost similar phase I underwent when I was in that acceptance process. Just wanna ask about their reaction when you first came out to them. If they accepted you for who you are, then what made you so upset? Maybe you hadn't really acknowledged that part of you fully yet...it's like a battle you had with your ego I believe. But if you say you have fully accepted who you are, then that's a great thing.