1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Even Worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SlightlyStupid, Apr 19, 2015.

1. SlightlyStupid

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm pretty confused on my sexuality and I don't know if I'm bi or not. Iv'e thought of myself as straight for my whole life, but recently around my best (girl) friend I've feeling really... different. Now I have been noticing other girls in a different way. That being said I don't have a girlfriend or anything and I really don't want to rock the boat in any of my relationships by coming out.

Basically what I'm asking is, is it worth it to come out if I don't have a girlfriend? Like what are the perks of coming out if I don't necessarily need to, because it would be easy for me to hide it.

Any advice or experiences would be great!!!:icon_bigg

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you feel that coming out to your friends could potentially bring more harm than good then I'd suggest not going through with it. If, however, you feel as though some of your friends are trustworthy enough and accepting then go for it, at least with said trusted friends.

3. guitar

Judging from your post, I got the impression you aren't really sure what your sexuality is? I don't know if I would begin the coming out "process" until you have a better idea of what your attractions are. It probably would be worth talking to a close friend - perhaps you have a friend who is lgbt or know of an lgbt group nearby who can be an ear to talk to.

When I was confused and questioning, I found being able to talk with gay friends was a HUGE help in figuring out exactly what my sexuality was and having someone say "it's okay if you're gay." Having a sounding board for your thoughts and feelings can be a powerful thing.