1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LogicNoSense, Apr 20, 2015.

1. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if my parents know, honestly. They might, but they don't say anything till I tell them first...I've come out to my sister and friends-my sister says it 'might be a phrase; you're still quite young' and that was actually a few years ago. Now, I think I'm definitely bi, and I'm very proud to be one :thumbsup:

Coming out to my friends was very easy; they're very open (considering my school is an all girls, and it's common to have les and bis around) and they don't mind. There actually were a few, but thankfully, our friendship held out in the end. On the other hand, my parents...not really my parents, but more my family. My father is rather laid back, and he's okay with LGBTs, but my mom and aunt are strongly against it. My aunt's a rather old-fashioned? Christian, and she doesn't support the LGBT community...any tips on how to come out to them? So far within my family (my parents, sister and I) it's mainly touch-and-go jokes, but to officially come out to them...I find it rather terrifying. Is there a way to do it without making them receive too big a shock (or something...?)

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's just one thing... Gather your courage and say it. No less, no more, just say it. Wait until you're ready and then say it in a good time in a good place. Say it, when you think it's the time. It's up to you now.
    Hopely they would be okay with it. Good luck!