1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared to come out to other people. scared to go to school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crystallight268, Apr 20, 2015.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm absolutely 100% terrified to come out to my friends out of fear of being bullied. I'm also scared that people at my school will find out and then I'll be bullied at school again. I don't feel comfortable to go to school because I'm gay. I have an anxiety attack every day at school and its not a good feeling. I get bad butterflies in my stomach because of this. I wanna go to a different school for lgbt youth but I can't find any in my area. I'm scared to tell my grandma because she'll just act like she doesn't care and I don't really have a choice but to go. But I don't want to go.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Listen, I know it's scary, but we always fear the worst. The likelihood is that your real friends will love and support you if you come out to them, and if they don't, they aren't your real friends, so good riddance to them. Of course, you absolutely do not have to come out until you feel you are ready and prepared; don't feel pressure to move faster than the pace that suits you. There is no rush. Having said that, if you do choose to come out to school and get negative responses, you can get through it if you really love and accept yourself for who you are. If others don't, that is their loss. Always remember that there is nothing wrong with you and you shouldn't have to live in fear.

But if the school you go to is really so full of homophobic people, maybe it would put your mind at ease if you moved to another school. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your grandma about it, what about your parents or another adult you trust? If you let them know how scared you are I'm sure they'll look for ways to help you, maybe even have you transferred elsewhere if you feel it necessary.

It does sound to me that you aren't yet in the right place to come out to your peers. Of that's the case, it's completely okay. You should come out on your own terms and at your own spees. Just make sure you've got a good support network ready to help you deal with any negative responses you might get if you do come out. Remember EC is here if you need anything.

Sending you hugs x

3. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told my grandma and she doesn't wanna change my schools. My mom is gonna talk to me when she gets here so I'll see if my mom can work her magic.

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2015 at 05:54 PM ----------

I just told my mom and she acted like she didn't care just my grandma did. All she told me was to not worry about it and don't tell no one. Well that didn't help at all. I fucking hate my life.

4. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They also told me just to act normal and don't act gay. How am I supposed to do that if I am gay? I should of never of told anybody. I don't wanna be gay anymore. First my dad then my grandma now my mom. This is seriously making me regret coming out and causing me to rethink my sexuality and transitioning back to straight because I can't take this shit. I really can't.